My name is Chris Dizon and I am a Salesforce administrator and web designer/developer based in Phoenix, Arizona. I currently serve as engagement systems analyst for ASU Enterprise Partners, managing the online giving (Salesforce Commerce Cloud), email marketing (Marketing Cloud) and events (Eventbrite) systems for one of the biggest universities in the world.
In my fifteen-plus years of experience, I've proven myself as highly skilled in a number of different disciplines, including Salesforce administration, web design/strategy, website management, email marketing, and social media. My colleagues know me as a problem solver, a great team player, and a quick learner.
I earned bachelors of arts degrees in journalism/mass communication and political science and a post-graduate certificate in technical communication from Arizona State University. I hold Salesforce Marketing Cloud Admin, Email Specialist and Associate certifications, as well as W3Schools HTML and CSS developer certifications.
In my spare time, I enjoy traveling, reading (particularly about history, geography, sports and travel), watching sports, learning languages, collecting vinyl records and football (soccer) scarves, and spending time with my family.
Northwest Passage is a website and social media project dedicated to chronicling the 1990s Seattle-”grunge” phenomenon. It started as a hobby project but has become the biggest website on the subject on the internet. I utilized my entire arsenal of skills to put this project together, as I am fully responsible for the site’s design, development, content strategy, social media and research, as well as the majority of the page’s content.
More details: Northwest Passage
Over the last few years, ASU Enterprise Partners has done a complete reinvention of the systems that the organization uses to track ASU donors, supporters, and gifts. A major aspect of this project was the transition to a new online giving platform. Not content with the online giving options available, our team decided to use Salesforce Commerce Cloud to power our online giving system -- in turn, becoming the first university to use this ecommerce platform to collect online donations and give our donors the best user experience possible.
More details: ASU online giving system
Sun Devil Giving Day is Arizona State University’s university-wide day of giving that takes place every March. It aims to celebrate the role of philanthropy to the university and encourage giving. As manager on online communication, I was responsible for utilizing the ASU Foundation social media accounts and email channels to inform our audiences of the event, encourage donations and acknowledge donors. These efforts helped the university have its most successful Sun Devil Giving Day ever in 2015 and then surpassed it in 2016.
More details: Sun Devil Giving Day
ASU Foundation was moving its website to a new content management system, providing the perfect opportunity to do a complete refresh of the website from both a content and design perspective. As the lead on this project, I completed extensive research and reimagined not only the site's look and feel but the site's structure, navigation and content strategy to ensure it met the organization's goals. The final product was a slimmer, smarter, mobile-friendly website that focused on philanthropy, the main purpose of the website.
More details: ASU Foundation website
As email marketing coordinator of the southeast market for Pulte Homes, one of the nation's largest homebuilders, I coded and deployed hundreds of email marketing campaigns during my tenure. In an effort to standardize the email design and adhere to brand standards, the company decided to create standard email templates for all markets. Because of my design and coding acumen, I was selected to design and code email templates that would be used for all email marketing campaigns nationwide. All email campaigns in a three-year period for all three Pulte brands (Pulte Homes, Del Webb and DiVosta Homes) were created using the templates I designed and coded in Salesforce Marketing Cloud .
Contact me for more information
Engagement systems analyst
Arizona State University Enterprise Partners Tempe, Arizona
- Administrator for Salesforce CRM as well as Commerce Cloud, Marketing Cloud and various event registration platforms, including Fonteva Events and Eventbrite
- Helped successfully transition organization's online donor database from a series of outdated systems to an all-encompassing system built on Salesforce, including an online giving platform built on Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Led effort to introduce Salesforce Marketing Cloud Journey Builder to fundraising efforts
- Managed online giving system that raised more than $2.86MM in calendar year 2017 and $1.98MM in calendar year 2016
July 2014–June 2016
Web developer/manager of online communication
Arizona State University Foundation Tempe, Arizona
- Developed and executed social media strategies for organization's Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Designed brand-new responsive email templates for all units and managed all email campaigns
- Coordinated and executed social media and email marketing efforts for single-day giving campaigns that raised over $4.0MM from 2,548 donors in 2016 and $1.48MM from 1,766 donors in 2015.
July 2010–July 2014
Arizona State University Foundation Tempe, Arizona
- Built organization's first Sharepoint-based Intranet
- Led total revamp of entire organization's web prescence
- Conducted research and developed new content strategy/site architecture for websites
- Led re-design and planned content strategy for asufoundation.org and subsidiary websites
April 2006–July 2010
Email marketing and web coordinator
Pulte Homes Surprise, Arizona
- Coded and deployed hundreds of email marketing campaigns for Pulte Homes, Del Webb and DiVosta Homes brands
- Worked directly with regional sales and marketing teams to manage campaigns, analyze effectiveness of email campaigns and suggest future marketing strategies
- Managed highest volume of email marketing campaigns on team
- Designed and coded email marketing templates for usage in all Pulte Homes, Del Webb and DiVosta homes email campaigns nationwide
- Created the Northwest Passage website, the most comprehensive website on the "grunge" music scene of the '90s. Designed, developed content and social media strategy, gathered information through interviews and research, and wrote majority of articles and online content.
- Worked on various projects, including web design, social media and blogging.
Arizona State University August 2000–May 2005
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism/Mass Communication
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
Certificate, Technical Communication (2012)
Earned degrees in Journalism/Mass Communication from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Political Science from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, as well as a minor in Communication. Later completed a post-graduate certificate in Technical Communication.
Salesforce Certified Administrator
February 2023 (Expected)
Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Administrator
December 2022 (Credential ID: 2791925)
Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist
November 2022 (Credential ID: 2727125)
Salesforce Certified Associate
September 2022 (Credential ID: 2598798)
Hubspot Academy Email Marketing Certified
November 2022 (Credential ID: f86857e039e2413ea3e211df38662be2)
W3Schools Certified HTML Developer
January 2023 (Credential ID: 1NAVEF52ZN)
W3Schools Certified CSS Developer
January 2023 (Credential ID: 1NBJ89BA8H)
- Salesforce CRM
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Web design/development
- Web content management
- Email marketing
- Content strategy
- Information architecture
- Social media strategy
Questions about my work? Interested in working with me on a freelance project? I'm certainly open to additional projects or talking about things I've worked on.